Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Swimmer's Review of IGLA


From WH2O'er Jon Bauer:

I had the best IGLA ever. I completed my four year term as the IGLA FGG delegate. I had the privilege to represent IGLA at Federation of Gay Games meetings in Koln, London, Lyon, and San Francisco. It is great IGLA Board position. This completes eight years of serving IGLA. IGLA is still in great hands with our new Co-President Jim Cude and Co-Chair, Mike Crosby. Jim did a great job running the IGLA banquet. I am forever retired.

I felt really good with our training and taper. Our 240 plus 4 X 200 relay with Paulo, Neill Weiner, Brian Murphy won a gold medal. I felt great in the water, swam my best times in about twelve years and won all five of my events. Paulo, Neill, Brian, and I set an IGLA record in the 240 plus 4 X 50 relay.

Riding the DC metro and night time dinners provided the opportunity to have quality time with lots of teammates who swim in other lanes or at different workouts.

(pictured via Neil Weiner: Paulo, Neil and Jon minus Brian from the 240+ Relay)

1 comment:

WH2O said...

thank you Jon Bauer for your great swims and wonderful service to IGLA, but not for your spelling. My name is NEAL, (not Neill, the name of the DC member who did a great job running the swim meet).

It was a terrific IGLA -- a great facility, warm and friendly participants, and DC is just a terrific place for its hospitality and abundant places to see when not competing. DCAC did a great job and the team should send them a big thank you card!

Neal Wiener